Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Screw Washer

guys

I took apart and cleaned my carbs, but unfortunately I dropped two of the TINY air screw washers. I looked all around town and browsed most of the websites and I couldn't find them anywhere. Any thoughts? That's all I need to finish my bike!

Thanks

Don't

I'd leave them without washers before I'd put in ones that are too large...by all means, don't do that. Just put them in and seat the mixture screws properly and the washer won't make any difference at all.

Now, a bunch of people will come along and tell you that you need to buy Robert Barr's "O" set of rings; yes, that's a good idea (I just bought 2) but just be sure to do that before your next carb rebuild....and you'll be just fine.

It SURE would be a lot easier if you would tell us what you're riding.
    Last edited by chuckycheese; 05-04-2008, 10:07 PM.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I have a few extra.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I would get the washers if I were you. I didn't put them into one of my carbs and the O-ring, screw and spring got tangled up and made a mess in the hole. I ended up having to extract the screw with an extractor and then get a new one from a member on here.

Cory

Comment

Air Screw Washer

My bike is an '80 GS850. Still no luck finding the washers. Anyone?

Comment

z1 has em. ill try to find a link.

edit: its the whole screw and 7 bucks, but hey, its new!
            Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2008, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              I have a few extra.
              That's the spirit!

By coincidence, I was looking for these earlier this year, while shopping for electronics goodies. This guy's washers were too small on the ID; we need 3mm. He's looking for other sizes as we type (don't wait... it could be months.)

Hey Chef, what do you measure for the outer diameter of those washers? It's going to be something like 4.25mm, but if you have a caliper handy, we'd know for sure.

RB
              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                Hey Chef, what do you measure for the outer diameter of those washers? It's going to be something like 4.25mm, but if you have a caliper handy, we'd know for sure.
                I'm not Chef, but I just measured one of my washers.

Inside diameter is 3.07 mm, outside diameter is 5.02 mm.
                Thickness shouldn't matter, but it's 0.5 mm.8-[

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by lordnkv View Post
                  My bike is an '80 GS850. Still no luck finding the washers. Anyone?
                  Originally posted by Steve View Post

Thanks Steve!
                  As I said I have some. :-D
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'd like to say "it was my pleasure".

Really, I would. 8-[

OK, I will. "It was my pleasure." \\/
                    sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Great, thanks.

Any guess what kind of steel these are made of? Not sure it matters much.
                      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________
                      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I am reasonably certain that it's not stainless. :shock:

Either that, or I have just discovered that stainless rusts. 8-[

sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                        X