No announcement yet.

Throttle Inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take off the fuel line and suck on the vacuum line to see if and how it flows. Put a fuel line on and put it in a bucket or something. It should pour out of the tank.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The Seafoam may be helping. I'm not through the tank yet, but I think it is doing a little better. Problems still exist. So, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Craiger View Post
        It's possible the gas sitting all winter without the bike running could be the issue. Just run the Seafoam through it and your problems will hopefully go away.

Just for kicks, how much have you ridden it this spring and how long was the engine running when you experienced this?
        Sure somebody else has said it, but oh lord what were you thinking not dumping that gas and putting fresh in.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
          Sure somebody else has said it, but oh lord what were you thinking not dumping that gas and putting fresh in.
          Maybe he was thinking it worked OK last winter, and the winter before, so why not. I've been OK for two winters in a row without stabilizers or fresh gas. Not saying it's a good idea long-term, or guaranteed to work, but it can. I know about Sea Foam now, and what it does for the gas and carbs. So I won't store it again without that in the tank.
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
            Maybe he was thinking it worked OK last winter, and the winter before, so why not. I've been OK for two winters in a row without stabilizers or fresh gas. Not saying it's a good idea long-term, or guaranteed to work, but it can. I know about Sea Foam now, and what it does for the gas and carbs. So I won't store it again without that in the tank.
            I guess I'm just paranoid, mine sat for two weeks while I was working on the charging system and I seriously considered dumping the gas. I didn't, but if had sat for a month I would have.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
              I guess I'm just paranoid, mine sat for two weeks while I was working on the charging system and I seriously considered dumping the gas. I didn't, but if had sat for a month I would have.
              Yep - you're paranoid :-D:-D:-D

Comment

Working...
              X