Need a wiring diagram and maybe some pics. 80 750 L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a wiring diagram and maybe some pics. 80 750 L

Putting everything back together and just want to make sure i have everything correct.

Need the wiring diagram for the 80 750 L model.

Also, if anyone would be so good to throw me a pic of under the tank, under the air filter, and under the left side cover of a similar model, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance guys, you've helped me a ton!

What do you need to know? Our bikes should have the same wiring.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      What do you need to know? Our bikes should have the same wiring.
      HA! Dont you WISH! none of these damn things have the same wiring. Not even from one 750 to another. Its all back-asswards. Oh by the way, did you know that if you ACCIDENTALLY hook your Dyna or other ignition wire up to your fuel gauge, It WILL fire the bike on one cylinder? HAHAHA. Now to be helpfull instead of insane , if Chef cant answer your question, I have wiring diagram for YOUR bike that i can refer to if ya need.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I'm sure its as simple as just connect colors to colors, but theres a few loose ends that I'm unsure of.

If theres any way you can hook me up with that diagram, that would be MOST excellent.

Comment

Unfortunately, a good amount of the colours of wires changed from year to year, model to model, displacement to displacement on many of the bikes. Hell in the 750 manual alone, that covers 77-83, there are by my count 7 different wiring diagrams. I dont have a scanner to give you a diagram from, but if you have specific questions, i can help as much as i can

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

PM me your e-mail so I can send it to you.

Comment

Thanks for the wiring diagram!

Anyone feel like being a REAL nice guy and shooting me a couple pics of under the tank and the wiring under the seat? Maybe a pic of under the left side cover too?

Comment

Follow this link for same diagram as chef's, it's just a bit bigger and I already had it uploaded if it helps. http://www.socal-letsride.com/storag...00L/Wiring.JPG

Comment

Well, it looks to me like the 1100 has a different setup than the 750 because none of these colors match up.

Anyone got a 750 diagram?

Comment

Anyone? No one?

Comment

Bump for the morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X