all balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all balls

maybe a dumb question but do the all balls wheel bearing kits need to be packed with grease prior to assembly. looks to me like they are sealed pretty well, I would guess there is grease in there already but i can't be sure.

thanks,
    nick

nevermind, i looked up all balls number and called them, the guy i talked to said they are already packed. sorry for the wasted post.

nick

Comment

There's no such thing as a dumb question, and this is actually a common one.

Your question and the answer you found will likely help several other people.

Well, wait -- I guess there are some really dumb questions out there. But this isn't one of them.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

FYI. The All Balls Steering head bearings DO need to be packed.

Just in case you decide to do those too....
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

stearing head bearings are in the process of being installed, i figured they had to be packed, but thanks for the tip.

fyi don't forget the spacer between the bearings on the wheels as you may have to order a new set of bearings by the time you get the recently installed ones out to get the spacer back in.........or so i've heard errr

Comment

As a general rule of thumb - sealed bearings are pre-packed and unsealed often aren't.
            If there's a gap wide enough to squash some grease into it's a good idea to do so.

Comment

Working...
            X