No announcement yet.

1 and 2 plugs fouled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A manual, either Clymer or Haynes, or factory Suzuki, goes in the order of items that need to happen. The manual shows the timing mark behind the points plate or Dyna S for below 2500 RPM and an advanced mark for above 2500. IIRC, the timing below 2500 is 19 degrees BTDC, and after 2500 is 37 degrees BTDC. And like Dale says, o-rings, boots, etc. I recall that you have done some of these maintenance items, but the correct sequence is critical to success in carb tuning, as many here have written.
    Last edited by jknappsax; 05-14-2008, 09:35 PM.
    1979 GS 1000

Comment

pretty much everything but the timing and valves have been done, the valves will be done this weekend, the timing too, if i can get my hands on a manual. thanks guys.

Comment

well, i checked the valve clearances today, they are all good. checked the igniter, and per the manual, it seems to be ok. it, actually, runs pretty good now. not sure why.. but i'm not questioning it :P we couldn't find any shorts, any issues in the wiring, cleaned all the connections, and great spark.carbs were so closed bench synced, it started up with no choke in 50 degree weather after sitting for a week. so hey. i guess unless it starts causing a problem again, i'm happy!

Comment

Working...
        X