Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oem 4357 Suzuki 1980 Vacum Petcock

Dear friends\\/!
    Please answer this (maybe stupid question). Look at this picture and explain me where to put the "-" with the screwdriver to use "Pri".
    I think its about 10.30.. or to say it another way (-45degres)
    12.00 = Fuel = on
    There is no Res or On marks on this Petcock. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0&pictureid=74

12.00 =fuel=on ?
    10.30 or 09.00 = Pri ?

Regards

The pic shows the prime position. See the little triangle trying to be an arrow. If you want to prove it to yourself (or test the petcock) while it's off the bike, you can suck on the vacuum line. You'll hear a thunk, and it won't let you suck any more. On prime, it will stay that way. I did this when my new one arrived a few weeks ago, and it held vacuum all afternoon before I got out to the garage where the screwdrivers are.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Hi Dogma..
      If Pri = 12.00 then 09.00 is the normal on i must use.
      Its a bit odd i belive.
      Anyway i plan to by an extra petcock to be able to shut of manual!
      If somebody knows a god, not to big valve i can buy plese tell me.
      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by GS110X506158 View Post
        Hi Dogma..
        If Pri = 12.00 then 09.00 is the normal on i must use.
        Its a bit odd i belive.
        Anyway i plan to by an extra petcock to be able to shut of manual!
        If somebody knows a god, not to big valve i can buy plese tell me.
        Regards
        If yours is functioning correctly, you shouldn't have to replace it. Besides, I hear the bolt spacing is weird, so you'll need an adapter plate.

My new stock replacement part is working great. Get the part number from alphasports or someone, and go to Z1 Enterprises. Mine cost $47 shipped. I don't think an extra shut off valve is necessary, and a malfunctioning petcock can give you flow problems.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
        X