Finished the 530 chain conversion and I'm happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the 530 chain conversion and I'm happy

The bike is running real smooth and maybe it's wishful thinking but feels like more torque is being transferred to the rear wheel. Also I didn't need the extra spacers on my 78 750. There was a lot of confusion about that, even when I called Z1 about it. They knew whether or not the spacer was needed for all the later years but not the early 750s.

It's a shame I will probably be selling the bike this weekend.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2008, 07:05 PM.

Sell it???
    I thought you would have learned your lesson about only having one bike to ride.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewclaycomb View Post
      The bike is running real smooth and maybe it's wishful thinking but feels like more torque is being transferred to the rear wheel. Also I didn't need the extra spacers on my 78 750. There was a lot of confusion about that, even when I called Z1 about it. They knew whether or not the spacer was needed for all the later years but not the early 750s.

It's a shame I will probably be selling the bike this weekend.
      You dont need the spacer. And its not inconceiveable that you feel like youre getting more torque to the rear wheel. The 530 chain is lighter, the sprockets are lighter, therefore less for the motor to turn. It may be miniscule, but its true.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Sell it???
        I thought you would have learned your lesson about only having one bike to ride.
        I know I know.

I'm getting interest from a couple of people in the GS for $2000. I guess with gas prices going up so are bike prices. Still losing a boatload of money on it but I'm just trying to pay for part of the new bike and move on. I also would like to have the room in my garage back.

Comment

Working...
        X