Has Anyone Used These Gaskets Before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Used These Gaskets Before

I am after a top end gasket set for my GS650 rebuild. Normally I buy VESRAH but am having trouble finding a set. I have found this set on EBAY. Has anyone used the brand before and are they OK. Thanks.

Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2008, 04:36 AM.

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
    I am after a top end gasket set for my GS650 rebuild. Normally I buy VESRAH but am having trouble finding a set. I have found this set on EBAY. Has anyone used the brand before and are they OK. Thanks.
    mate, you need to tell us WHAT set
    GS850GT

Comment

Sorry I forgot the pic. I will attach it now..
      Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2008, 05:37 AM.

Comment

What Are The Tags For

Sorry to bump this thread, but I need some answers. Check out the picture above. Does anyone know if it is a good gasket set by a good manufacturer? Would it be OK to use? Is it a VESRAH or ATHENA does anybody know.

BTW what is the TAG field below each thread for now? Have I missed something? Please explain. C'mon Cliff.

Comment

might be easier to ask the seller what brand it is and the country of manufacture
          i've read quite a few posts on gaskets but never heard of any "totaly bad quality" gasket set

my2c
          GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
            might be easier to ask the seller what brand it is and the country of manufacture
            i've read quite a few posts on gaskets but never heard of any "totaly bad quality" gasket set

my2c
            Thanks PSY, I've just done that. I beat you by about 2 mins. Great minds think alike, or is it that fools seldom differ. Anyway thanks. Looks like I might be forced to go with this set as there is not much on EBAY for 650s. I've also asked Z1 to help out if they can.

Comment

your biggest worry is prob the head gasket
              when you get the set if that one gasket just doesnt look good enough you can order oem
              z1 are likely to be helpful (knowledgeable)
              GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                your biggest worry is prob the head gasket
                when you get the set if that one gasket just doesnt look good enough you can order oem
                z1 are likely to be helpful (knowledgeable)
                Thanks PSY I actually have a top end gasket kit for the GS550, But as my bike will be a combination of 650 and 550 I sort of need both. The bits that will be different will be the head gasket, base gasket and the "O" rings that go around the cylinder spigots that fit in the crankcase. Maybe I am just better off ordering those parts OEM from Z1.

Does anyone know the difference between the gasket sets for the GS650G and the GS650E models. They are listed under different part numbers. The same probably applies to other GS models between the "G" and "E" models. Can anyone help.

Pic of some progress so far. Grinding with a cutting tool on the end of a drill that is not really high speed is hard going.

Comment

Working...
                X