R/R Hot wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R/R Hot wire

Hey guys, I'm on my smart phone and can't really read the stator papers with it.

can anyone tell me if my r/r red wire on my 82 gs1000 Kat can go straight to my battery? I'm pretty sure it goes into my fuse box, but can I split it and run it to the batt as well?

Thanks guys.

Probably too late, but, if the RR only has one wire it goes to the wiring harness, if it has two, one goes to harness and one to battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Escobarclan View Post
      Hey guys, I'm on my smart phone and can't really read the stator papers with it.

can anyone tell me if my r/r red wire on my 82 gs1000 Kat can go straight to my battery? I'm pretty sure it goes into my fuse box, but can I split it and run it to the batt as well?

Thanks guys.

www.escobarpolishing.com
      If you do it, make sure you use an inline fuse in the direct wire to the battery.

The original wire going to the fuse box goes pretty much directly to the battery after that. So if you made sure that all the connections in the fusebox and any connectors on the positive line are clean and tight, there isn't much point to paralleling it.

Comment

ok, yeah the stator is shot. the r/r is inconclusive but i think she may be a goner. I''ll have to break down and get another of BOTH in case the r/r caused it all. Hopefully duanage can hook me up soon.

this stator and r/r stuff really SUCKS.

I was just looking at the harness to see what i could do to make it work and tuck away better. I'm trading some polishing services to get my frame powdercoated soon, and I want to neatly package up the wires.

Comment

Working...
        X