Blinkers....not blinking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinkers....not blinking....

My blinkers will sometimes come on, but sometimes they will stay solid. Any ideas?

I have just read through I think 100 posts on this topic this morning. At the end of the day it seems to be a pull out the schematic and check your grounds answer.

Oh yes, there are many other things that we can do to create this problem. Wrong size bulbs, bad bulbs and bad flashers but 90% of the time it is a ground thing.

I have a similar issue on my 1100G and I will spend my weekend looking at grounds.

Comment

Blinker fluid.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Blinker relays need enough load and high enough system voltage to work properly. These bikes electrical system are corroded to death from age. Check and clean every connection on the plus and minus side over the whole bike and everything will work better. Dan
        Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2008, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberdork View Post
          My blinkers will sometimes come on, but sometimes they will stay solid. Any ideas?
          It was the blade connectors on my rear bulbs under the seat were dirty one time and the other time just a bad contact with the frame a bit of rust on the rear. Only once was it the front bulb burned out but then that was only on one side

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Blinker fluid.
            Can you use Dot 5 blinker fluid ?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Blinker fluid.
              Originally posted by bakalorz View Post
              Not sure if DOT 5 fluid is compatible, but the supplier is currently out of synthetic blinker fluid.

Be sure to check out some of their other fine products.

No financial interest in the company, just a satisfied customer. 8-[

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hey,
                I know this guy had some Dot 5 IE/XP/Apple compatible stuff.........Check it out.......***:-D

Originally posted by bakalorz View Post

Comment

if you get an electronic flasher fuse from an auto parts store it solves the load problem, it will blink no matter what bulbs you use and its a direct replacement for like 5 bucks

Comment

Wiggle both bulbs on the side that is not working. Sometimes the bulbs don't make a contact good enough to pass the electric. The blinkers won't flash without both bulbs contacting good.

Comment

Working...
                    X