Fuel Tank Dent Repair Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank Dent Repair Question?

Has anyone out there had any success repairing tank dents? I've got a couple of projects on the boil, and of course the tanks have dents in them and I've never had much success with suction cups etc. A little help guys?

My friends car got hit by a puck the other day and it was fixable without repainting. The dealer he took it to had a "dent guy" that had a metal ball taped to the end of a stick. He just poked at the dent from the inside of the trunk until he pushed it out completely.

Steve

Comment

Check out the website below. If you have several tanks to do this might be worthwhile. You would raise the dents with the modified pick, then hit it with the shrinking disc.

This is part of the www.metalshapers.org website. They have some great pictures on the process of making motorcycle tanks by hand.

Comment

tank dents

i use about 10 to 15 pounds of air in tank and then heat up the dented area with a rosebud not to hot but hot enough the dent should then push out by itself you thenmight have to do a littel metal work and shrink the area or work it with a spoon or block . with time you will get a tank that feels like new . hmmmm now all ya have to do is paint it .

Comment

Working...
        X