Pingel petcock adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel petcock adapters

I was going to replace the stock petcock on my GS1150ES(84model) with a pingel and need a adapter plate. Pingel was not sure if it was 44mm or 50mm. Anyone got this info? I hate to tear into the bike until I get all the parts in. Thanks in advance. Chris

Re: Pingel petcock adapters

Chris
    I just ordered a pingel for my 85 1150E. I already have one on my 79 750, so I checked the mount hole spacing with calipers on the two bikes and it is the same. They can both use the same petcock and adapter plate.
    The single outlet pingel petcock number is 6211 AH. The adapter plate number is A1702C.

On the 750, the pingel screen was larger than the OEM, so I had to ream the opening slightly. That isnt a problem as the petcock screws into the adapter plate and not the tank wall.

Earl

Originally posted by cbxchris
    I was going to replace the stock petcock on my GS1150ES(84model) with a pingel and need a adapter plate. Pingel was not sure if it was 44mm or 50mm. Anyone got this info? I hate to tear into the bike until I get all the parts in. Thanks in advance. Chris
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks Earl!

Comment

Maybe different

Depending on the bike, you may need a different adapter. My bike has a 50MM spread and the adapter is A1902C. I don't think it will fit on many other models. :roll:
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

What's the difference??

Hey Earl, what's the difference between 6211AH and 6211CH???

Comment

Re: What's the difference??

Charlie
            I have a list of all the Pingel applications and adapters and there is no 6211CH on the list. The only CH designation pingel is a 1311CH and it only fits a Honda Valkyrie.

Earl

Originally posted by chuckycheese

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: What's the difference??

Originally posted by earlfor
              Charlie
              I have a list of all the Pingel applications and adapters and there is no 6211CH on the list. The only CH designation pingel is a 1311CH and it only fits a Honda Valkyrie.

Earl

I only found ch for a honda also Earl

Comment

Uh oh...looks like I may need to do a measure job. Glad I hadn`t ordered yet. Earl I think you are probably correct but I may check first now.

Comment

Well chris, my Pingel and adapter plate for the 1150 should arrive about thursday. I will know for sure if I'm right in a couple days. After I get it installed on the 1150, I'll let you know if I think it fits. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by cbxchris
                  Uh oh...looks like I may need to do a measure job. Glad I hadn`t ordered yet. Earl I think you are probably correct but I may check first now.

Comment

earl what part #`s do i need for my 78 750e?

Comment

Here is what seems to be an application chart.
                      http://www.accwhse.com/APPMAIN.HTM#SUZUKI I just looked nd didnt find any pingel valves though 8O 8O ???

This might help better. http://www.accwhse.com/pingel.htm#Fuel%20valves

Remembr Al Yelton hasa gs 750 with sa pingel valve also.

Comment

I was just thinking that the AH and CH designation could mean Anodized hex shaped and Chrome hex shaped. I am just looking at some valves . Im am not sure if all Pilgel valves are chrome plated???

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Earl and Scotty...you guys both always have good info.

Comment

Re: Thanks

Thanks, Earl and Scotty...you guys both always have good info.
                            who has better info???

Comment

Nobody

Nobody!! You the man 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X