Keihin CR Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keihin CR Carbs

Brought back to life, an 83 GS850GL which had been neglected too long. Bike has a brand new set of Keihin CR carbs with velocity stacks. Carbs were setup by Sudco to work on this bike.

Bike starts and runs great but carbon fouling plugs 1&2. Did a valve adjustment, still fouling the plugs. Great spark on all the plugs.

I'm thinking velocity stacks is making it run too rich and I should switch to pod filters or should I adust the air screw on the 1 & 2 ?

cant say anything about your carbs but, nice color!

Comment

provided all four carbs are set equally id check the engine compression
      changing to pods shouldnt make much difference as they let aprox as much air as velocity stacks
      if the carbs were originally set to run with the stock airbox than you should have a lean condition not rich
      adjusting the airscrew should correct the problem of fouled plugs at idle / low throttle (if thats where your problem is) - you can do a plug chop at 1/8 throttle to confirm
      GS850GT

Comment

Carbs are set to run without the airbox, just the velocity stacks. I'll do a compression check.

Comment

no carbs can come completely pre-set from the manufacturer but always need tuning when on the engine
          provided the carb jetting is right, its only the pilot mixture that has to be adjusted

do you know what exhaust setup are the carbs jetted for and what exhaust do you run?
          GS850GT

Comment

Air jet 240
            Needle YY8
            Clip Position 4
            Slow Jet 65
            Valve Seat 3.2
            Starter Jet 50
            Air Screw Setting 1 turn out

I'm running stock pipes.

Comment

Working...