No announcement yet.

To Sync or not to Sync....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the best price I have found is from J C Whitney.

Earl

Originally posted by kyle
    I got my 81 450 running lasy week. I guess I need to check my carb balance too. I have no idea where to buy the stics, is there a site to buy merc stics online
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

From what I've heard, you can build your own manometer...

Parts include a yardstick, 12ft of plastic tubing (the kind used for aquarium air pumps), super glue, and some ATF or similar oil...

The idea is that you super-glue the tube to each side of the yardstick, fill it with ATF to a point where it won't get sucked out, but there will be enough in there to indicate (ATF works nice because it's blood-red & easy to see). Make sure that you have an equal length of tube on each side, so the pressure will be equal...

Since a manometer is just a u-shaped tube with a heavy liquid inside, the concept remains the same: vacuum sucks the liquid up, and if it's equal, each side will rise the same amount, otherwise there will be an imbalance...

Comment

Originally posted by kyle
        I got my 81 450 running lasy week. I guess I need to check my carb balance too. I have no idea where to buy the stics, is there a site to buy merc stics online
        Try a local independant shop near you. If they dont have them JC Whitney does. I got mine from a neighbor who used to have an old Yammie and a Kawa Concourse. He went back to Harley and doesnt need the sticks any more. With 3 bikes with multiple carbs I find them invaluable.

Comment

JC Whitney has them at jcw.com.
          You would need the deluxe model that comes with the adapters to screw into the carbs.

Comment

Working...
          X