No announcement yet.

Done polishing my turd for this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, nice looking bike.. I swapped out the stock forks & tree on my 750B to a set from an EZ, myself.. Definitely an upgrade for the stock 750B.

Comment

Bro, I beleive that your front tire is on backwards.

Nice bike

Comment

Originally posted by groundshock View Post
        Bro, I beleive that your front tire is on backwards.
        Believe it or not, it's quite correct. I have the same tires on my wife's 850L and the tread points the same direction.
        If you look at the direction arrow on the sidewall, it points forward, and that is the direction that counts. 8-[

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
          Lot of stuff the camera hides. Bike runs very well but cosmetically it could use a major makeover. I came very very close to selling it this year. Problem is I have a real soft spot for these drive trains. It does everything just enough for me. I just wish it wasn't so rusty, scratched, dented etc. I put the 1100EZ front end on it because the original tubes were so pitted that the seals I replaced last year only lasted 3/4 of last season. But I'm riding it for another year. I looked, believe me I looked, but nothing convinced me to lay down 2-3-4-5 K. Perhaps I'm jaded and living in the past but thanks for your kind words.
          How much do you want for it? :twisted::twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Schweisshund View Post
            How much do you want for it? :twisted::twisted:
            OK. You started it. What's it worth?
            What's been done: rebuilt rear master cylinder, new tires, new used 1100EZ front end with progressives and new seals, stator, battery, intake boots and orings, carb rebuild with replacement of one carb due to broken float post, tank cleaned and coated by radiator shop, new mirrors, new turn signals, valve cover and breather gasket with new half moons, headlight wiring repair, 140 mph speedo, tach drive seal, GK seat, oil and filter less than 100 miles ago, primary and secondary gear oil last year (under 2K ago), new LH switch assy, and probably more that I don't remember.
            What it needs: paint, sanding and bondo on various points of the blue body work see here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...highlight=tank, if it's chromed or plated it's rusty or corroded, seat needs recovering-seat pan mint but cover has multiple small tears and holes some that have been patched with vinyl repair, tach erratic, if it's painted black it's rusty i.e handlebars, frame etc. I'm not crazy about the front brake feel at this point. Maybe I'm being to picky. Looks like the original line on it and perhaps I need to re-bleed them, but like I said, I'm done for right now.
            Also comes with various parts in various states of dis-repair: spare black tank-needs repaint but has been cleaned and sealed inside by radiator repair shop, front legs, master cylinder and calipers, black frame covers (broken post), front black fender (1/2 inch crack on top right side front), black tail section with broken mounting arm, new OEM rear disc (not installed yet) etc. etc. etc.
            Clock reads about 23K but speedo has been replaced. Runs very well.

Comment

Hi Chiphead,
              I have the same forks like you, fitted on my GS1000. Do you, or somebody else, have instructions how to adjust them? What is the black plastic knob on the bottom of the lower leg for?
              Thanks for the answers!
              By the way, nice bike!!!
              Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Vrolijk View Post
                Hi Chiphead,
                I have the same forks like you, fitted on my GS1000. Do you, or somebody else, have instructions how to adjust them? What is the black plastic knob on the bottom of the lower leg for?
                Thanks for the answers!
                By the way, nice bike!!!
                Ed
                I believe the black plastic knobs are for internal damping adjustment but haven't researched it yet. Four positions.

Comment

Working...
                X