Front Master Cylider NEW???? 82 750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Master Cylider NEW???? 82 750E

Twoo weeks ago just finished two year project rebuilding the engine on my 1982 750E and man it has been great to ride her again I love my GS this is my best bike hands down BUT I CAN NOT FIND a new master cylinder for the front!! I rebuilt the old one but it still is not right I just want a new master cylinder for this bike and no more worries with that problem. HELP any one please where to find a NEW front master cylinder to fit my bike!:?

old one got pitted, huh?

i had the same thing happen. you can use pretty much any 5/8'ish banjo master cylinder. i got one from a gsxr750 works fantastic.. although it was not BRAND new. check ebay.

Comment

:-)Got one from ebay from gs1000 1980 works great.. Thanks

Comment

I'm running a Brembo radial MC (19x20) on mine that was on another bike that I ended up selling. It works very well, although the required force is a bit higher than it used to be. This is on a 700 though, so probably a fairly different brake setup than yours.

If I were you I'd seriously consider using the MC off a modern bike of some sort, they're quite a bit better than old ones and tend to be in better condition too. If you want it to look reasonably correct, get one without a remote reservoir (although that does mean not radial).

Comment

Working...
        X