Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Tony;817438]

A girl wants a ride this weekend

I see you sparked alot of intrest with the title of your post. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
      Actually if it had 170's? Those were probably dynojet parts If you put 155 OEM jets it will still be rich
      I agree.
      Look at the throat of the carb filter side and see if there is a brass push in main air jet.

Talk to saltymonk he has the Dynojet kit installed on his bike with the same mods. Since it's been jetted already for the mods look elsewhere like the ignition or battery.
      Last edited by chef1366; 05-22-2008, 01:15 AM.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
        Actually if it had 170's? Those were probably dynojet parts If you put 155 OEM jets it will still be rich
        Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        I agree.
        Look at the throat of the carb filter side and see if there is a brass push in main air jet.

Thanks a lot for the info SqDancerLynn and Chef. I went on the Dynojet web site to check out what other things I should look for if the kit dad been installed in my bike. I noticed that Dynojet shows that either the Stage 1 or Stage 3 could be installed in my bike. The only difference between the two is the main jet size.

Wellllllll, after dropping a 7/64 bit down that hole in the slide I thought I'd better get on this site and thank the both of you. I noticed the stage 1 kit has much smaller main jets but too small for my 82'. The 170s are definitely too big (I checked my battery and ignition). I put the 155's in and it was still too rich. I tried the 140's and they were way too lean. So now I'm going to try something like a 150 main jet. I could have this all wrong but so far the process of elimination seems to be working . . . slowly. I'm curious if the 170 mains of the stage 3 kit are for the 16 valved engines. Would this make any sense? My bike is an 8 valve.

Again, I really appreciate the help.

Comment

The sixteen valve actually has smaller jets.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It's breathing and burning like a monster! For some reason the 155s didn't run well the first time in but now they are working great, might have been older gas. The plugs are running a little rich but okay. It pulls like hell right on up to red line in every gear . . . Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaa. I still have a little fine tuning but it's pretty damn good.

Thanks a lot for the info on the dynojet kit, I never thought to check and would probably still be scratching my head. It sure didn't like those 170 mains though.

Comment

Working...
            X