cold cyclinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold cyclinders

I have a '79 750. My problem is with cyclinders 2 and 3. 1 and 4 are hot but 2 and 3 dont seem to want to fire. there is good spark but when i pull the plugs there is gas on them. My dad thought maybe it could be a carb problem but if you let it sit there for long enough and really rev the engine up they eventually start working. All valve and point timeing is on and was adjusted last week. Any suggestions?

could be those pesky spark plug boots or a coil :? amoung many other things

Comment

Re: cold cyclinders

Replace the "O" rings on the end/face of the carb induction tubes where the tubes mate to the cylinder head. That should cure the problem. The four "O" rings should cost you about $1.50 each from you local dealer. Dont use anything but Suzuki replacements as automotive rubber rings will break down and be useless.

Earl

Originally posted by coole4
      I have a '79 750. My problem is with cyclinders 2 and 3. 1 and 4 are hot but 2 and 3 dont seem to want to fire. there is good spark but when i pull the plugs there is gas on them. My dad thought maybe it could be a carb problem but if you let it sit there for long enough and really rev the engine up they eventually start working. All valve and point timeing is on and was adjusted last week. Any suggestions?
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Spark

Swap the wires from one coil to the other to see if 1 & 4 don't work. That should solve the coil issue.

Comment

Re: Spark

HIs post said he already had good spark on all four plugs. If this is correct, then the problem is not the coils.

Earl

Originally posted by sharpy
          Swap the wires from one coil to the other to see if 1 & 4 don't work. That should solve the
          coil issue.
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Could this be a compression problem? I sure hope not. I will run the test hopefully sometime in the next few days. I dont think its the coils but it could be. It seems to run fine when everything is good and hot. But to get it to that point takes like 15 min of high reving and my two outside pipes are bluing really bad. BTW whats a good starting point for rejetting after i put after market airfilters on?

thanks

Comment

Also could be that the carbs are badly out of synch

Comment

Working...
              X