83 1100g, what stator/stator cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 1100g, what stator/stator cover?

i'm wondering what (other) stator and stator cover would fit an 83 1100g (8v)

tried checking microfiche:

part numbers for both the stator and the stator cover are different for the 8v and 16v 1100 engines

part numbers for both the stator and the stator cover are different for the 850 and 1100

part numbers for both the stator and the stator cover are different for 82/83 1100 models

however, both ricks and electrosport list the same part number for stator for all 1000/1100 models

ps. no, this is not a thread about a burnt stator :-D

Last edited by psyguy; 05-14-2008, 12:10 AM.
    GS850GT

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
    i'm wondering what (other) stator and stator cover would fit an 83 1100g (8v)

tried checking microfiche:

part numbers for both the stator and the stator cover are different for the 8v and 16v 1100 engines

part numbers for both the stator and the stator cover are different for the 850 and 1100

part numbers for both the stator and the stator cover are different for 82/83 1100 models

however, both ricks and electrosport list the same part number for stator for all 1000/1100 models

ps. no, this is not a thread about a burnt stator :-D

Bump

Also keen to know about interchangeability . Anyone out there who has had any experience with this issue??

Cheers

Comment

i've used the search button, which was helpul in identifying ricks and electrosport stator "fitting cross-reference"
      but still would like to know what stator covers might be interchangable so i could get both parts at the same time
      GS850GT

Comment

you didn't follow the rabbit!

the original part numbers are differant between the years but only because someone at Suzuki was bored and changed part numbers each year.

all 8 valve 1000's (chain and shaft) and 8 valve 1100's (shaft) use the same stator cover.

the correct current part number is 11351-49002 and at $138.83 USD it's not to bad a price for a brand new shiny stator cover.

Comment

thanks FF

that info should make finding the right parts easier

its confusing when pics look identical on the microfiche but the part numbers dont match
          also, the rotors look slightly dfferent between years/models (in how they are mounted) so that didnt help my research either
          GS850GT

Comment

Working...
          X