Rattly noise clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattly noise clutch

82 GS 100G Now I want to start out saing the clutch works fine,well as good as I would expect.

first I noticed a rattling noise and when I listened closer it was coming from the right side near the clutch. Wile it was runin I took off the oil cap and found where the noise was coming from.

now, is this comin with bikes that sit (it sat for about 3 or 4 years and has 58,000 miles)like lose nut something simple, should I just ignor it. I plan to take the cover off and look futher. What should I expect when removing the cover.I'm almost positive there will be alot of oil that wants out of there

I would appreciate the advice Thanks

Put it on the side stand, from what i hear, you can expect to lose a couple teaspoons of oil when on the side stand. The clutch hub nut is common to come loose. See if it needs tightened up. May be the problem. Although my bikes dont seem to, I understand a bit of clutch rattle is common on these bikes. As well as a touch of valve clatter.

Comment

Thank for the advice that was more or less what i planded on doing

Comment

If the clutch hub is loose take the hub off and have look at the back of it. Check the rivets and springs to see if they are loose.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X