what metal is this wheel made out of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what metal is this wheel made out of?

its a gs700 wheel. im 90%sure this thing is aluminium... anybody? im toying around with the idea of fabbing on them a little.

Originally posted by xkalelx View Post
    its a gs700 wheel. im 90%sure this thing is aluminium... anybody? im toying around with the idea of fabbing on them a little.
    Yes, it is cast aluminum. Now, which alloy is an entirely different question.

Given the safety critical nature of wheels, I would be extremely cautious of welding or modifying them in any way.

Mark

Comment

agreed...

plan is to tig tack some brass knuckles (cast aluminium) into the negative spaces inbetween spokes. ive done this sort of thing before... ill be using 4043 filler rod and wont heat up anything too bad.

i was just checking to make sure it wasnt magnesium or anything.

danke.

-sam.

Comment

You get 10 points for spelling it (aluminium) correctly. Well done.

Comment

haha, thanks. i always thought you guys from Oz spelled it way cooler. high school teachers hated me.

-sam.

Comment

Aluminium is actually how it is meant to be spelled. That is the correct spelling for the element that goes by the scientific symbol - Al

potassium, sodium, magnesium, aluminium

*ducking for cover*

The different American spelling of what British English spells aluminium sometimes causes puzzlement as to how it could have come about.

Comment

Don't push it Zooks, you'll never Know how those Americans react. :-D They have invaded countrys for less Hahahahaha
              Ed

Comment

:-D Now...where did I put my shells?

Comment

Nah, they're all harmless.

(I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by xkalelx View Post
                    plan is to tig tack some brass knuckles (cast aluminium) into the negative spaces inbetween spokes.
                    Badass idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X