Replacing Master Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Master Fuse

There was a thread about a month ago that detailed, somewhat humorously, the replacement of the master fuse block on a 4 cyl bike with a better block that used the plastic "ATC" fuses. I noticed on my son's GS450T that there is only 1 fuse, a glass fuse. I'm guessing that since there is only 1, I could just replace that with an inline atc style fuse holder?

Try it and find out.

Just leave enough wire so you can put the old one back if for some reason it doesn't work. :-D

Check your wiring diagram and just make sure that what goes in goes out. Ought to work out fine and dandy like cotton candy.

Comment

Are you just planning on running the inline to a terminal or something? Never seen the wiring diagram for a 450

Comment

Ok, I swear I apologize for hijacking, but was just about to look for a thread to bump anyway. Fuse Block choices... The stock is "ganged" correct? When I look at them online I see "ganged" which is a single hot coming in, and I see the ones where every fuse uses it's own hot. It's easier to use the ganged one for a main fuse box right? The individual hots would be if I was using it for a bunch of accessories.

Comment

I've done a lot of research on this, with special thanks to uudfourty and KiwiGS for their help. There are a bunch of ways you can do it. You can use a ganged for the switched power and just use an inline fuse for your hot circuit, or you can disassemble one with the individual connectors and solder a piece of wire across the back to create a custom ganged fuse box with both hot and switched circuits. Do a search on KiwiGS's thread for fuse to turn up how his looked (Pretty sharp IMO)

Comment

Thank you sir. I think I'll go for the ganged. I'll just put an inline on the hot from the battery.

Comment

Working...
            X