Where can I get kerosene???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    And loves putting the price of food out of reach.
    Not true, this is a great artical a must read and will not disrupt food production. The direction we need to go. Dan

Comment

Wow!!

Boy, do I ever appreciate all the responses. I'm going to try to respond to most of them so....here goes! (And, I can't include them all in one post since I can't see all of the follow-ups.)

1) I don't care about food production or the environment, polar bears or the price of gasoline. (I just want to buy some kerosene).
      2) Lamp oil smells too good; I want to buy some kerosene.
      3) I don't want jet fuel...I want kerosene.
      4) It doesn't matter what I want to do with it because I just want to know where to buy kerosene.
      5) I already have WD-40...but would like to buy some kerosene.
      6) I already mentioned that I bought diesel in the past...and now want to buy kerosene.
      8) The stuff I saw at the outdoor store was some kind of combination of stuff that probably smells good; see comment #2.
      7) I don't want to buy bio-diesel, paint thinner or mineral spirits or a six pack of beer or a pizza...I want to buy a gallon of....kerosene.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!! I appreciate it but, I still just want to buy a gallon of...kerosene. This seems to confirm that it's not all that easy.8-[
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Lowe's, Home Depot, True Value Hardware, local Sport's Supply like Gander Mountain or Cabela's........:-D
        Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
        I feel like a 'dummy' for asking but where can I buy a small amount of kerosene? I don't want 5 gallons....only about 1 gallon. I can't figure out where I can get it. Last time, I settled for diesel but would really prefer kerosene. Thanks!:-D

Comment

Thank you!!

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
          Lowe's, Home Depot, True Value Hardware, local Sport's Supply like Gander Mountain or Cabela's........:-D
          Thank you, Dan! I was in a hardware store, as recently as this morning, but didn't know kerosene was available. I will check tomorrow and appreciate the information!!\\/

Comment

[
            What the heck do you think jet fuel is?
            Kerosene.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Kerosene

What the heck do you think jet fuel is?
              Kerosene.
              Great! I'll siphon some out of my jet!!

P.S. Does anyone know where I can buy a tire gauge????
              Last edited by chuckycheese; 05-16-2008, 08:46 AM.

Comment

P.S. Does anyone know where I can buy a tire gauge????
                ...sure, the store.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  ...sure, the store.
                  A few aisles from the motor oil but you dont want motor oil you want kerosene.

Comment

I appreciate your predicament. When we were kids every service station had kerosene. These days kerosene heaters are out of fashion and it is not that easy to buy anymore. I presume it is similar in the States.

I do agree with the hardware store suggestion though.

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions!!! I appreciate it but, I still just want to buy a gallon of...kerosene. This seems to confirm that it's not all that easy.
                      Hmm... if only there was a publicly searchable index that might tell you where you could purchase kerosene in/around Auburn CA... something that might say, "Results 1 - 10 of about 41,800 for auburn california kerosene. (0.33 seconds)".

I now fully understand that you want kerosene and kerosene only, and I apologize for trying to steer you astray by offering an alternative that may or may not be easier to find, cheaper, better or nicer to you. Most hardware stores will stock ultra-clean, ultra-refined, ultra-expensive kerosene in my neck of the woods, and it's available at several gas stations. However, that anecdote doesn't get you any closer to kerosene, so I'm afeared you may just have to be empirical.

Comment

Not yet

I tried a search..to no avail. You guys gave me some good tips (and also some interesting information). It's a hot day here so I'm going to get in a morning ride...and swing by the hardware store. I'll report back what I find.:-D

Comment

Boy, do I ever appreciate all the responses. I'm going to try to respond to most of them so....here goes! (And, I can't include them all in one post since I can't see all of the follow-ups.)

1) I don't care about food production or the environment, polar bears or the price of gasoline. (I just want to buy some kerosene).
                          2) Lamp oil smells too good; I want to buy some kerosene.
                          4) It doesn't matter what I want to do with it because I just want to know where to buy kerosene.
                          5) I already have WD-40...but would like to buy some kerosene.
                          6) I already mentioned that I bought diesel in the past...and now want to buy kerosene.
                          8) The stuff I saw at the outdoor store was some kind of combination of stuff that probably smells good; see comment #2.
                          7) I don't want to buy bio-diesel, paint thinner or mineral spirits or a six pack of beer or a pizza...I want to buy a gallon of....kerosene.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!! I appreciate it but, I still just want to buy a gallon of...kerosene. This seems to confirm that it's not all that easy.8-[
                          In California? I figured it would be banned by now. You can probably pick some up in Montana.

Comment

I tried a search..to no avail. You guys gave me some good tips (and also some interesting information). It's a hot day here so I'm going to get in a morning ride...and swing by the hardware store. I'll report back what I find.:-D

third try down, from a google search...102 results Bet those first 4 or so can tell you who sells it.

Comment

Great! I'll siphon some out of my jet!!

Why not ask for some of the free kerosene they throw away each morning?
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Why?

Why not ask for some of the free kerosene they throw away each morning?
                                Why do they do that???

Comment

Working...
                                X