Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
    Why do they do that?
    Every day they have to check water traps in the fuel lines for water. 99.9% of the time they don't have any trapped water, but since they pulled a sample, they cannot just pour it back into the tank - FAA regulations. They have to dispose of it, which usually means somebody there carts off 55 gallon drums of the stuff for free every few weeks. On the TDI forum I'm a regular on, there's always some moron who tries to run it in their diesel VW before they realize that it has zero lubricity and they need a new (very expensive) high pressure injection pump.

But, as was previously mentioned, you don't want Jet-A or JP-8, you want kerosene. Good luck finding some.

Comment

Interesting

That's very interesting! Thanks for the information...I've learned a lot of stuff here through the years.

By the way, thanks to some of the suggestions, I was able to find 2 1/2 gallon containers at the True Value (or was it Ace?) hardware near my house.\\/
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post

By the way, thanks to some of the suggestions, I was able to find 2 1/2 gallon containers at the True Value (or was it Ace?) hardware near my house.\\/
        But you didn't want 2 1/2 gallon containers, you wanted kerosene.
        If I had known you wanted a couple of half gallon containers, I would have told you to try Walmart. They have lots of containers.

You really need to word your posts more carefully. :-)
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Ha Ha

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          But you didn't want 2 1/2 gallon containers, you wanted kerosene.
          If I had known you wanted a couple of half gallon containers, I would have told you to try Walmart. They have lots of containers.

You really need to word your posts more carefully. :-)
          Well, you got me that time!!\\/
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
          X