Rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor

Is the bolt for the rotor anti clockwise for out?

Hi Mr. Craig54,

Here's a page from the manual available on my little website. It says to loosen the rotor bolt by turning counter-clockwise.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Rotor

Thanks BassCliff

I finally got it out what a mission I think it had locktite on it
      Next trick is to get the rotor off
      I will have a go at making up a puller tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig54 View Post
        Thanks BassCliff

I finally got it out what a mission I think it had locktite on it
        Next trick is to get the rotor off
        I will have a go at making up a puller tomorrow.
        Hi CRAIG54 how did you get the rotor off. Did you make up a puller, if so how did you do it. I am trying to get mine off my 550B.
        Thanks.

Comment

I got my rotors off with a rubber mallet banging gently around from the other side. Dont hit it with anything hard or only in one spot as you dont want to bend or dent it

Comment

OK. Thanks. I will give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
              I got my rotors off with a rubber mallet banging gently around from the other side. Dont hit it with anything hard or only in one spot as you dont want to bend or dent it
              That works for brake rotors, but won't do a thing for the rotor on the end of the crankshaft...
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                That works for brake rotors, but won't do a thing for the rotor on the end of the crankshaft...
                I was just thinking, MAN that sounds too easy. How DO you get those off without that imfamous expensive specialty tool?

Comment

Rotor

GS 1000g
                  I ended up using a home made puller to get the rotor off

20mm threaded rod threading through a nut welded on to a crossbar
                  2 arms with flat bar welded to ends

I had to get my son to hold the two arms in place and the threaded rod kept trying to jump off the bolt
                  but I got it off .

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                    You're right there Brian. No way I could get the rotor off my 550 with that method. Does anyone know what the female thread is that is on the inside of the rotor on the 550. I read somewhere that it was 16mm x 1.5mm pitch. I bought the bolt and it would not fit. It looks more like 14mm, but I don't know the pitch. A spark plug has a similar thread but will only screw in a couple of threads before coming tight.

Comment

Working...
                    X