could have been alot worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could have been alot worse

my 81 gs850g has an oil leak thats leaking all over the front of the motor. so I cleaned around the head gasket assuming i was going to have to eventually replace it. To my surprise and releif its just the damn tach gear seal. That will save me some time n cash . If it needed a head gasket i was going to rebuild it all even though it dosent need it yet.

Yep, I have a little weep around my head. That's the project for next winter. Screw it, if I'm pulling the head, then I'm going to bore and rebuild the engine.

Comment

Watch the oil filter o-ring on 1100s.

Comment

I had a small persistant oil leak in the front of the engine by the cylinder head the last 2 years. During the winter while cleaning the inside of the airbox I noticed that the 2 slots at the top inside of the airbox that the breather hose from the camshaft cover joins to was completely plugged with rust. To fix the problem I simply ran a hose from the camshaft cover and through the top of the airbox. This year no oil leaks. I guess the engine was being pressurized to the point that oil was being forced out, Ted

Comment

bwringer has a nice tutorial on his website for replacing the tach cabl seal.

Comment

Stay awake

Originally posted by catbed View Post
            bwringer has a nice tutorial on his website for replacing the tach cabl seal.

And here it is. Thanks Mr. bwringer!

Mr. bwringer does a great job on his tutorials. They are real tutorials whereas mine are more like slide shows of "how I spent my Saturday tinkering in my garage". Do you remember those boring old slide shows your grandparents used to show you about their trip to the Grand Canyon? And you'd fall asleep as soon as they turned down the lights? Yeah, mine are kind of like those. :-D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X