GS/GSXR Tach cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS/GSXR Tach cable

Does anyone know what is needed to use the original 1979 GS 1000 tach with a 1992 GSXR front wheel?
    1979 GS 1000

I'm a little confused

Hi Mr. jknappsax,

The tachometer cable usually connects to the engine head. Do you mean the speedometer cable/front wheel connection?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Early Oldtimer's symptom; you are again correct, I meant speedo cable.
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

Here's a wild guess

Hi Mr. jrknappsax,

I have no direct experience but you'll have to perform a physical/visual inspection. In the best case scenario you'll use the new wheel's speedo drive and cable and it will fit right in to your existing speedometer. The speedometer cable connections at both ends will be the trick to sort out. Hopefully both the old and new use the same physical connections.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

In my case the GSXR cable fit correctly on the stock speedo. I've since switched to GSXR clocks though.

Comment

That's good to know, Billy. Now I'll post in the wanted section for a speedo cable. I bought the GSXR 1100 front end and wheels for a RIDICULOUS amount of money, and it only came with one front caliper and no speedo cable. I feel like a complete dope! I PMed the member I bought the front end from, but he seems to be ignoring me now.
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
            X