GS1100 Re-jet advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 Re-jet advice.

I am thinking on fittiing some K & N style air cleaners on my 82 GS1100G, my factory manual says that the standard main jets are 115's , but it came with 135's and no airbox. Would it be ok to run the bike on these, at least for the time being? It is fitted with a Marshal 4-1.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2008, 11:16 AM.

Worth a try .

Comment

So am I the only person on here that runs aftermarket aircleaners on a

GS1100?............

Comment

Guess I must be then.

Comment

You are not the only one, but this has been beaten to death and you need to do some searching.

Those mains sound reasonable for pods, but you need to check your air screws, pilot jet size, needle settings (if you have adjustable needles, if not it's time for a Dynojet kit) and main jets. No one can say yes or no to a simple question like "is this main jet OK?" because carburation is not a simple thing and it is far more complicated than which main jet you run. In fact, for most riding you hardly need a main jet at all, but your pilot and needle circuits must be right or your bike will run like crap.

Look around a bit, I bet there have been 8-10 jetting threads in the last week alone between this forum and the Performance Mods forum.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X