Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Fender

I found this fender on ebay

"This is a GS1100 front fender it came off of a 1981 1100.It will fit all of the 70s-80s GS bikes.The fender is in good shape just in need of a new paint job."

I asked him specifically if it would fit a GS550 and he wasn't sure

Anybody here have an idea. It's so bad it's good, but I don't want it if it wont fit.

i should of put this in "Appearance Mods" sorry.

That is not an 81 1100 fender, I can tell you that much... Looks like it might be an 83 1100 or something????
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The triangler cutout on the front looks like the 82/83 1100E, but that tab sticking out below the front mounting hole isn't on the 82/83 fender.
      So I'm stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by pjackson
        The triangler cutout on the front looks like the 82/83 1100E, but that tab sticking out below the front mounting hole isn't on the 82/83 fender.
        So I'm stumped.
        I think the "tab" is a piece of red wood laid under the fender -- is that the tab you're referring to?

Michael

Comment

I think the "front hole" is actually the hole that holds the rubber arm that holds the brake cable and ... that other cable.. yeah that other cable.

Comment

Originally posted by crwper
            So I'm stumped.
            I think the "tab" is a piece of red wood laid under the fender -- is that the tab you're referring to?

Michael
            Yeah, that's the tab. And by the front hole I mean the one farthest to the left in the picture, directly above the tab/wood/whatever thingy.
            The hole to the farthest right is for a rubber bracket for the speedo cable, to keep if from flappin' in the breeze.
            Anyway, if the tab is not part of the fender, than it certainly appears to be for an 82/83 1100E.

Comment

Anyway, if the tab is not part of the fender, than it certainly appears to be for an 82/83 1100E.
              You're right! I have a '82 fender mounted on my '81:

Hap

Comment

Working...
              X