Re-Jetting due to altitude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Jetting due to altitude?

I believe my '78 GS1000E was run by the P.O. closer to Sea Level. Here in Saskatchewan we are at 1850 FT above. I have yet to check the jetting but maybe it's not a big deal? I've ordered intake boot O-Rings so I'll probably check it then. What should I consider if I was to re-jet? I'm running stock headers with Dunstall replica muffs. Everything else is stock.

At 1850 feet, I would just jet it for stock, and maybe just back of a bit on the fuel screw to lean it out just a bit.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I asked that very same question of Dynojet when I put a stage I kit in my 97 ZX-9. I live in Calgary, Alberta, at 3500ft or so. They said no adjustment was required for my altitude, so you should be fine.

Mark

Comment

1800 feet altitude would not require any jetting changes.

Earl

Originally posted by gus33 View Post
        I believe my '78 GS1000E was run by the P.O. closer to Sea Level. Here in Saskatchewan we are at 1850 FT above. I have yet to check the jetting but maybe it's not a big deal? I've ordered intake boot O-Rings so I'll probably check it then. What should I consider if I was to re-jet? I'm running stock headers with Dunstall replica muffs. Everything else is stock.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

No changes should be needed for that elevation difference.
          Now if that different exhaust flows better than stock you might want to do some specific throttle position runs and read the plugs. Of course, the bike must be tuned well to get reads you can trust.
          If it does flow better and effects the jetting, I'd guess that simple richer adjustments at the pilot fuel screws and possibly a 2.5 richer main jet would be all that's needed. I doubt the jet needles would need a change. That's just guessing however. Your exhaust wouldn't need too much of a change I believe, if at all. Test to be sure.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks guys, once all the little stuff is done I'll do just that.

Comment

Working...
            X