Rewinding Stator, Where to Get Wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewinding Stator, Where to Get Wire?

My stator is bad, so the bike isn't charging. I need to get some high temp 17-18 ga. magnet wire. I've tried local and have called some companies that I found on the internet. From the ones I've talked to, just buying the wire is going to cost between $70.00-$80.00

That is pretty steep. Is there anyone that sells the right wire cheaper? I'd like to save some money and rewind my own stator, but at these prices, I'd be ahead if I just bought a new one :shock:

Have you checked the electric motor repair shops in your area?

It should be the same type of wire.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado CJ View Post
      My stator is bad, so the bike isn't charging. I need to get some high temp 17-18 ga. magnet wire. I've tried local and have called some companies that I found on the internet. From the ones I've talked to, just buying the wire is going to cost between $70.00-$80.00

That is pretty steep. Is there anyone that sells the right wire cheaper? I'd like to save some money and rewind my own stator, but at these prices, I'd be ahead if I just bought a new one :shock:
      I've used Belden 8075 (1lb roll) and sourced it through Digikey online. Great company to deal with.

Comment

I just ordered 300' of 18 AWG from McMaster-Carr for $21.00.

Comment

Working...
        X