kreeming a tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kreeming a tank

I used kreem to coat my gas tank last year. It began to peel off after three months. I let it dry for aprox 3 days before I put gas into the tank.
    If I let the tank dry for a week would I get better results? Has anyone gotten good results with kreem?

heard a lot of neg things about kreem.... just better off using an inline filter and letting it be

Comment

I have used kreem twice without incident. Each time started and finished in 1 day and filled them with gas same day. Both time, temp in the 70's and high humidity. That was several years ago and have had no problems. Never had it peel. I can't figure out why it wouldn't work for you.

Comment

There is another product I am going to try on my tank from por15 http://www.por15.com/tankseal_fuelpreserve.html
        "For those unfortunate customers who have had bad results from other inferior fuel tank sealers, we have developed these all new "HEAVY DUTY UTILITY & CYCLE TANK REPAIR KITS." They feature everything found in our regular UTILITY & CYCLE TANK REPAIR KIT, PLUS a quart bottle of our famous Tank Strip to first remove that inferior coating that failed you. Call and order now. "
        This is quoted from their web site. I've used their coatings on an mgb that I'm restoring and that works really well.

Comment

I've had unpleasant results with Kreem in the past, so to seal up the pinholes in my project GS1100GL, I just ordered the POR-15 kit today. I'll probably do the sealing next week, and I'll follow up with my results.

The problem I've had with Kreem is poor adhesion. Both tanks I used it on eventually had it start flaking off, in one case clogging up the petcock and requiring expensive repairs.

Comment

Problems

It seems like lots of guys have had bad luck with Kreem. I had my tank coated one year ago at an independant bike shop. I asked them what they used and all they said was it was some industrial stuff that must be purchased in bulk. They also said they'd never, ever had a complaint which I thought (if true) was very impressive. By the way, it is a very deep red color and I'm glad I did it ($80 US).
            1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
            X