Cold air intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold air intake?

I want to take out the stock air filter box and put in pipes that feeds air into the stock carbs from either side... Would this be a wast of time? I want to give my bike a cold air intake look...

Hi Mr. strat,

Most of these GS bikes are very particular about the air intake system. When you stray from stock you stand a chance of getting lost in a carb jetting wasteland, lots of experimentation, plug chops, and jet changes to get it set up properly. But with enough time, skill, and money anything is possible.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Strat View Post
      I want to give my bike a cold air intake look...
      You might be able to do it, but it won't be unique. Yamaha's been doing it for years on the V-Max.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Pretty much all modern sportbikes have a ram air/cold air intake. Maybe you can model it after them, such as the intake tubes seen under the headlight on the GSXR 1000.

Comment

Even my 1980 Volvo has a cold air intake as standard. Snorkle is under the bumper then it goes to a air box then finally to the injectors via a 75 mm tube. pretty trick for a old car.

Comment

Working...
          X