I need A wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need A wiring Harness

I need a wiring harness it is a mess. I think that half the wires are fried. The problem is they don't make them any more. Do you know where I might find one? I really don't want to redo each wire separately.

Originally posted by wolfman View Post
    I need a wiring harness it is a mess. I think that half the wires are fried. The problem is they don't make them any more. Do you know where I might find one? I really don't want to redo each wire separately.
    What bike? I bought a new one for my 81 GS1000 no problem. Where did you look for one?

Comment

Oh, sorry. It's an '83 850GL. I called the local dealer and looked online.

Comment

Even though they have it listed on their site, the part "is no longer available"
        when I call. That is the same problem I had with the other online site I had found.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman View Post
          Even though they have it listed on their site, the part "is no longer available"
          when I call. That is the same problem I had with the other online site I had found.
          Weird.... usually if they have the price listed, it's in stock, sorry for the blind alley there. You CAN rewire one yourself. People on here have done it, one wire at a time. Probably can't find all the same color wires, but enough different colors to make it workable. I wouldn't mess with a used one, no guarantee it's any better than what you got. I'd also bet there is a high likelyhood one from other models would be close enough to only need minimal re-wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
            OR 30 bucks from Paulyboy. Stripped one off an 83 a couple weeks ago. I can send you some pix tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULYBOY View Post
              OR 30 bucks from Paulyboy. Stripped one off an 83 a couple weeks ago. I can send you some pix tonite.
              Sounds great. It can't be worse than what I have.

Comment

Working...
              X