colortune, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

colortune, again

i've been searching around the forum about colortunes, and ive since decided that there is something wrong with my bike. i have a motorcycle colortune but when i put it in the engine, the bike runs 10 times worse. it doesnt hold idle very well but if i put the normal plug back in, it runs normally. could it be coil voltage?

Originally posted by catbed View Post
    i've been searching around the forum about colortunes, and ive since decided that there is something wrong with my bike. i have a motorcycle colortune but when i put it in the engine, the bike runs 10 times worse. it doesnt hold idle very well but if i put the normal plug back in, it runs normally. could it be coil voltage?
    It sounds to me like something is wrong with the Colortune. Does it run the same with the plug in but the wire pulled off as it does with the Colortune? Do the coils give you strong spark on the plugs? Why are you listening to me? I've never even seen a Colortune.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

with the colortune in, it fires but very spordaically. the coils do give me a strong spark with plugs.

Comment

Sounds like the Colortune plug itself. If I remember correctly, it has
        the center electrodes and arcs on the perimeter of the plug body.

Maybe it is a defective plug, or it is probably cracked ?? Not sure
        if you can check for resistance of this Colortune plugs. You can
        ask a local Colortune distributor or send an e-mail to the manufacturer
        in England.

Comment

Your colortune most likely just needs cleaning.

Comment

tried colortune only once...no noticeable change in how the engine run compared to the standard plug
            so, a faulty colortune?
            GS850GT

Comment

Agreed - I use mine all the time and never have any problems so your plug is probably a bit iffy.
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I only used one once but didnt have a problem aside from my crappy coils. So try cleaning it very well or it may be busted.

Comment

Working...
                X