Junque yard GS1150E rear tire????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junque yard GS1150E rear tire????

So, can I squeeze a 140/70 or 140/80 on the rear istead of the 130/90?

You might be able to, but you may not want to.

What is your motive? If it is just because you like the wider look, go for it.

If you are looking for better traction with a wider tire, forget it. A wider tire on the same width rim will get pinched into a tighter profile, actually reducing the width of your contact patch. :shock:

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I found a 140 that someone had laying around, cheap. It's a Lasertec, its from this year, the guy sold the bike he bought it for. I just didn't remember if it is a 70 or 80.
      I have a set of GSXR wheels and tires but haven't done all the homework. I am looking for a swing arm and I will see if I can get the front to work in the original forks and brakes. I am a machinist, I have equipment at my disposal and I have plenty of 1150 parts to whittle on or finness.
      Thank you.

I'm an old guy, I'm not doing too many burnouts or Qs or wheel stands anymore. I am still occasionally refreshed by the smell of rubber and the feel of the throttle wide open, just not as mush as I used to be.

Comment

Yes, a 140 will fit on the rear of an 1150. A 150 will not. I ran a 140 on my 1150E for a few years. Be warned though, it will be a real squirrel in the rain and you basically will barely be able to use the rear brake without it sliding.

Earl

Originally posted by Fastrip View Post
        So, can I squeeze a 140/70 or 140/80 on the rear istead of the 130/90?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X