No announcement yet.

This is why to check your intake boots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes and dont forget your AIRBOX boots too. If your intake is that bad, airbox ones are prolly hosed too, and YES they WILL cause a problem. Ask me how i know :P

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      I think BikeBandit still sells the boots no?? I know they arent exactly cheap, but then again, its one of those things you have to replace once every 20 or so years.
      Yeah, I found some...will be ordering a new set before the end of summer. Things work a whole lot better without vacumn leaks......

Comment

No2 cylinder is not firing and it looks like the carb is in trouble so they've got to come off. I've got new intake rubbers, O rings plus airbox to carb rubbers and sleeves.

Just know how bad those screws are for getting out. Really don't want to do another cylinder/barrel off and rebuild job this summer. Glad you got yours done OK.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Originally posted by PAULYBOY View Post
          Advice to you and everyone here, get a decent impact screwdriver. HF has a cheapie for 6 bucks thats a piece of dung, and one thats really made almost exactly like the Craftsman set for about 20 bucks.
          And the Craftsman is $25. I had the cheapie from Harbor Fart, which is now just a glorified screwdriver. The difference in using it and the Craftsman one was night and day. I've not used the $20 HF model, but for $5 more, I'm satisfied with the hecho-en-Etados-Unis model.

scurvy

Comment

Plus, the more expensive Crafstman model is still made in the USA. I bought mine five years ago. At the time, Sears had a made in China one that looked ok for $12, and the made in USA one for $20. I bought the USA made one for just that reason.
            sigpic

SUZUKI:
            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Mine's a Husky with 1/2" drive from Home Depot. Works like a charm.
              Looks exactly like the Craftsman, wonder if it's made by same manufacturer and brand named?
              McLoud
              '79 GS850
              `98 GSF1200 Bandit
              sigpic
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Originally posted by mcloud View Post
                Looks exactly like the Craftsman, wonder if it's made by same manufacturer and brand named?
                What, Danaher sell the same stuff to different companies? Nah! :-P

Originally posted by Griffin
                Plus, the more expensive Crafstman model is still made in the USA.
                Mine was assembled in the USA from domestic & global components. I'm glad it's at least assembled here and carries a lifetime warranty that I don't have to keep my receipt to use.

Comment

Originally posted by scurvy View Post

Mine was assembled in the USA from domestic & global components. I'm glad it's at least assembled here and carries a lifetime warranty that I don't have to keep my receipt to use.

+50 for lifetime guarantees! I love brands like Husky, Craftsman, Snap-on, etc. I have never bought cheep China tools because I have grown up having the real stuff around and I understand the importance of having a tool that won't break the first time you use it. You've never really tested the strength of a ratchet until you take a 3/4 inch drive ratchet with a 3 foot handle and put a 6 foot pipe on the and and bounce on that trying to bust a nut loose... We bent the handle 3 times but the head is still working just like it did brand new and Snap-on replaced the handle each time we bent it!

Comment

Working...
                  X