Speedo Overlay Needed - KPH to MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo Overlay Needed - KPH to MPH

Just recently bought a 1978 GS500E which was imported to the UK. I was told that it came from the USA but as soon as I saw it I realised that this was not so. The headlight does dip to the right but the speedo is in KPH: this, along with some French instructions on the brake reservoir, lead me to the conclusion that it has come from France (sounds obvious) or Canada...

Any way... to get it through the MOT test, I need to change the headlight lens and get the speedo reading in MPH. The latter is my reason for posting on this site. Does anyone know where I can obtain an overlay to place on the speedo face? A web or email address would be very much appreciated! It does not need to be in the UK - if you know of a supplier in the USA or anywhere else, I need to know. [-o<

Additionally... the GS500E was a sleeved down version of the GS550E, so all cycle parts are the same... so, I suppose I'm looking for an overlay to fit a GS550E

Thanks!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2008, 07:04 PM. Reason: Additional information

weird.. i thought that england used kph?

Comment

Probably from France or Belgium.
      In Canada, all speedos read both Km/h and mph, bikes and cars.
      Labels and manuals have to be bilingual.
      McLoud
      '79 GS850
      `98 GSF1200 Bandit
      sigpic
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Mine is also in KPH, so if you find one, PLEASE tell me too!!! I had to mount my GPS on the bike to tell how fast I was going...

Comment

Here Scott, tape this on the handlebar so you can do the conversion.:-D

McLoud
          '79 GS850
          `98 GSF1200 Bandit
          sigpic
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Nice! Never was good at doing math in my head.

Comment

I have an extra Speedo with MPH.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

am i serious?

i'm not really serious here 8-[ BUT if someone wants to take a clear good resolution photo of the speedometer, you may be able to print it out and glue it on top of the one you have

i'm only saying this as people are known to have used computer mouse pads to seal their airboxes, so i thought i should try get creative too - lol

other than that, fleabay is your friend but expect to have to buy the whole thing not just the face plate - means the traveled milege isn't going to match (if you care?)
                GS850GT

Comment

Bantam
                  Have you tried : www.clocksndials.co.uk/honda ? You can e-mail them or call to see if they have faces for Suzuki. They have good instructions on their web page. Give them a look.

Comment

Working...
                  X