motor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor ?

ok the first 450L i was looking at got to be to much $ for the cosmetics of the bike. Here is the story of the second. Cosmetic wise great. rebuilt carb and tune up. motor was ran without oil. it still doesn't leak oil or gas and will start and run. however it has a loud knock from the bottom end and will only rev to about 3,500 rpms. My ? is it fixable and how muck would it cost. and will i be able to get the parts. Thanks for everyones help

its hard to say if it's fixable, it would depend on what is wrong. as far as parts, i'm pretty sure most here would say it'd be easier to just buy a running motor and swap.
    also cheaper. if something is clunking in the bottom end, it could be rods, the crank, any number of bearings.. you are looking at the very least machine work and replacement parts.

Comment

thanks for the reply. my wife whent out and got me a 1977 xs750 d2 "triple" for fathers day. her and my girls gave me a card with the picture on it when i got home from work tonight. i did like the 450l but this was really cool.

Comment

If she will let you keep the L also (Tell her you are fixing it for HER!) you can buy a GS 500 late model motor & BOLT it right in! Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X