Will not pull to redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will not pull to redline

@ 6000 rpms my 82 gs1100e starts to brake up and will not pull to redline it runs fine to that point .Cleaned pods pulled carbs and inspected all bowles and the main jets are 138. ish ,new plugs. It has aftermarket coils Dyna. V&H pipes.any help?

i would test the elect stuff first - plugs, plug caps, cables, coils, ignitor (in that order)

might be the carbs too, but i wouldnt expect the problem to happen overnight but over a period of time
    GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by martinfink View Post
      @ 6000 rpms my 82 gs1100e starts to brake up and will not pull to redline it runs fine to that point .Cleaned pods pulled carbs and inspected all bowles and the main jets are 138. ish ,new plugs. It has aftermarket coils Dyna. V&H pipes.any help?
      Hello Martin. DID the bike run the way you want it to, previously, with the same combination of setup and parts that you have described? If it did, then you have a starting point for conventional troubleshooting. If it didn't, then what were the changes made that led to this degradation (and did you see a progressive change as you changed parts/adjustments......or did you make more than one change at a time)?
      Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Fixed it all the plug wires were green with crud like a boat I had once . Thanks \\/

Comment

Working...
        X