Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Question - Stator cover removal without draining oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do trust you That's good news. I thought for sure between the stator cover and the right hand cover I'd have a problem. Looks like I'm good to go, taking them off and alternating how the bike sits. Thanks all.

Comment

Trust me
      I used to tell my girlfriend that.\\/ She married me anyway.:-D

Greg

Comment

Not sure if your motor is similiar to mine but watch the stator wire. It was really easy for me to rip the gasket on mine. Nothing more money and time didn't fix.

C
        1983 750 Katana
        1982 750 Katana (parts use)
        1983 RZ350

Comment

On an 850, you only lose a little bit of oil when removing the stator cover on the centerstand, and I don't see why it would be any different for the other models. Put a big drain pan underneath to catch the few spoonfuls that come out and some foil over the frame tube if you're picky.

Make sure you have a new stator cover gasket handy. You WILL tear the old one.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the gasket guys. I don't have any spares. I'll have to order. I'll wait to polish this cover until I have the gasket. Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X