Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keys

Does anyone know where to find a key code(if there is one) Honda has it on there ign switch so that if you lose the key you can get one made for the bike.. Any help?

Hmmmm What I did instead was go to the bike shop buy a blank and take it to a hardware store and have them cut you a spare. I am not sure where the code is though

Comment

My 1100E has some numbers stamped on the ignition switch, on the side where the steering lock bolt comes out.

Comment

All I have to do is take my key to a locksmith/lockshop and they match up a blank and cut a duplicate.

Earl
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Keys

I'm just guessing but sounds like you have a bike with no key
          On my 77 GS550 and 79 GS850 there is a three digit number on the seat lock where the key fits in. This matches the number stamped on the key.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Comment

scotto-58 you hiy iy on the dinger.. I have 2 w/o keys!!!used a persuader on one to get it to turn but the other is going to be the dtreet bike and a key sure would be nice..(especially if i get pulled over, try explaining that to the popo)

Comment

one more ?? is there only one key for the whole deal on GS's???? my other bikes have 2

Comment

Originally they had one key for everything. In my case after several attempted thefts and ruined ignition switches I have two keys now. One for ignition and the original key for everything else.

Comment

Working...
                X