1st gear indicator bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st gear indicator bulb

Hi Guys and girls, Need some info on finding bulb for my ist gear indicator. 82 850g. Not certain of the part #, I've modified it, for now but like to get one or two or............

bmac

The smallest bulbs that I have found over the counter are for motor vehicle dash bulbs. They are 12v but have two bits if wire that push into the base, about 4-5mm diameter. You could also try an led with a resistor in one leg, the extra bright ones should work well as the light is focused as well.
    I am not sure exactly which will fit as I have never had one apart and the above is just if you cannot find an exact replacement.

Comment

part # I come up with is
      0947-12071

Comment

bulb for shift indicator

Okay I have the part # .Now, does anyone know were to get this bulb without having to buy a complete assembly used or whatever?

bmac

Comment

Gear indicator bulbs

I bought some gear indicator bulbs from the local Suzuki dealer. I don't recall the price but it was reasonable. Dick V

Comment

These small gear indicator bulbs are still available from Suzuki if you want to pay almost 4 bucks each. I found a suitable replacement at Radio Shack for about a buck. It's Radio Shack part #272-1141 simply called "Mini Lamp". It'll take a little work but can save you money and time. The bulb is identical to the one used in the gear indicator with one exception, it has hookup leads attached. The have to be removed. With an X-Acto knife I was able to carefully strip away the clear plastic and scrape away the glue to get to the bare leads. The Suzuki bulb is in a rubber holder and the bulb leads are simply fed through the holes and bent over (much like Christmas tree light bulbs). Just pop the new bulb into the holder being careful to make sure the leads feed through the holes then plug it back on to the circuit board, done!

Comment

Go to any foreign auto part store in your area and they should have it in stock. Buy in packs of 10. The cost should be under $10. You can use other miniature lamps as ;ong as the socket is correct and the 12VDC
              and amperage is rated correctly.

:-D

Comment

Working...
              X