Carb help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It LIVES!!!

Alright it's been a little while since I posted about this. Sooo.... After a serious cleaning with dip and blown out with carb cleaner and air through EVERY passage, new o-rings, intake o-rings, and of course the new fuel pilot screw the carbs are on the engine and running. I rode it yesterday for the first time since I got it and wow this thing pulls hard! 10 thousand times better than it did when I got it (wouldn't rev over 3000). I'm very happy. I have a little hesitation and popping under 3000 rpms and have noticed a small ammount of fuel coming from one of the vents. I am to assume I didnt get the float levels perfect by the fuel in the vent. And the hesitation is maybe from not having the carbs in sync yet? All adjustment screws are 1.5 turns out just to get it running. I don't have a sync gauge set but will try to borrow one soon. Any advice or opinions on tuning it are definitely welcome, especially with the lower rpm hesitation. Thanks! Oh, and by the way I do not have an air filter on the engine right now (its been ordered) but I do have the box in place with the lid shut tight if that might be affecting my my off idle acceleration. I didnt think it would but I'm not sure.

Comment

Yep, no filter will cause it to be a bit lean.
      Install the filter and my carb guru says 2 to 2.5 turns out on the mixture screws.

Comment

Sorry to revive my old thread but I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me again. Its been on the road for 2 weeks now and I couldn't be happier. This bike flies!! Still need to sort out some idle issues but otherwise has given me 300 miles trouble free (even when my buddies way newer bikes are breaking down ha!) I got it up to 100mph yesterday and it seemed to want to just keep pulling (I didn't have the guts and was running out of open road) man I love it. Thanks !!!! Oh and I cant post on my own thread without a question so... I have been seeing this dyna electronic conversion kit on ebay for awhile, it comes with pickup, aftermarket coils, wires and plugs. Buy it now is $300. Is it worth that? My bike is retrofitted with a newer suzuki setup and for the most part is fine but my wires are cracking from age and the plugs are about due. I would like to go ahead and upgrade everything. Is it worth 300 bucks?

Comment

Working...
        X