It"s Alive!!! It"s Alive!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It"s Alive!!! It"s Alive!!!

YES YES YES!!!! It finally came to me that my throttle cable was jacking the butterflies open and keeping it from starting. I take the cable off the bracket and it fires right up. HUZZAH I have a running bike!! Thanks soo soo much to all of you out here with your help. THis site has been a GODSEND!! Now I have to figure out why my headlight doesn't come on....one problem down couple minor ones to go.

Good to hear, keep at it!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

way to go. Its such a great sound once that engine comes alive

Comment

<sniff> I love happy endings. :-D

I recently lost my high beam. I stopped and bought a new Sylvania Silver Star H4 bulb. When I took the lens out I saw where a wire had broken loose from the headlight bulb socket. I soldered the wire, put the old bulb back in and still no high beam. When I put the new bulb in it worked just fine. I'm wondering if the intermittent connection caused the high beam to blow out. I pretty much run with my high beam on all the time.

I try to have a "You're going to see me whether you want to or not!" attitude. :-D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Never underestimate yourself after you were sure you did a good job on the carbs!!!
          I remember my first time after doing the carbs, it would just would not not start and you get this pain that starts somewhere behind you......

Well done!

Comment

Thanks, now I'm going to have to work on adjusting the throttle cable so that it works inside the bracket. I can't see how this bike ran before with the cable keeping the butterflies halfway open, oh well. I did notice that my number 2 cylinder isn't firing. WHen I had it running I pulled the plug wires one at a time seperately and the engine responded in kind for all but #2. So either no spark on #2 or no fuel. When I tried to rev the throttle the engine would quit but that's probably because I had choke on and #2 isn 't firing and I don't have an air filter in yet.

Comment

Working...
            X