No announcement yet.

pilot circuit tuning of my 79GS750 -pods/4into1 V&H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I did end up more like 2 turns out on the air screws after today..

I'm so excited about how it rides I can't wait to take this thing through wva. It is handling really great and the throttle response is ridiculous.

I think I attached a pic too..

Comment

I'll Test that Setup Too

I've got a rough running new purch, with cheapo (emgo?) pods and a damn near hollow 4:1, I'll give that setup a go and see how I make out, see if we can't put a few more points on the curve.

Who's main jets are you buying, and where are you buying them? DJ jets being off from the Mikunis.....

Thanks!
      Shaughn
      '78 GS750E - Primer & Pain

Comment

Originally posted by Shaughn View Post
        I've got a rough running new purch, with cheapo (emgo?) pods and a damn near hollow 4:1, I'll give that setup a go and see how I make out, see if we can't put a few more points on the curve.

Who's main jets are you buying, and where are you buying them? DJ jets being off from the Mikunis.....

Thanks!
        Shaughn
        '78 GS750E - Primer & Pain
        Buy ACTUAL MiC jets at Z1Enterprises.com.

Nice to see coltrain. Hopefully I'll get the time over the 4th weekend to finish the cafe's carbs up. Been playin with some friends bikes, havent really turned a wrench on any of mine in a few weeks, other than some tune ups to the 1100. Im kinda geekin out for a little 750 flickin fun

Comment

Coltrain,

That is one mack daddy sweet lookin' ride! Usually I dig the 80's stuff more, but somethin' about the angle or the light or whatever - dude that's a nice looking bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
            Coltrain,

That is one mack daddy sweet lookin' ride! Usually I dig the 80's stuff more, but somethin' about the angle or the light or whatever - dude that's a nice looking bike!
            Thanks man! I got the front fender chopped up a bit and gonna have the whole bike repainted with the matte black and the fender too but this time with a flat clear on top. I also need to put some header wrap on or throw some bbq paint on the header part of the exhaust. Do some polishing and finish up my emblems for the side covers (keep stock) and I was thinkin a moder 'S' Suzuki emblem on the tank. Thanks guys!

Comment

Also want to mention that with those emgo style filters you will want to stay around 125-127.5 mains to start out.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by coltrain View Post
                Also want to mention that with those emgo style filters you will want to stay around 125-127.5 mains to start out.

Thanks, I plan on buying 125 - 132.5 based on your and TCK's recommendations. No K&N's this year, but probably next year as
                these pods have seen better days

-S²

Comment

Thanks, I plan on buying 125 - 132.5 based on your and TCK's recommendations. No K&N's this year, but probably next year as
                  these pods have seen better days

-S²
                  In your case i think 132.5s are overkill. I wouldnt get anything bigger than 130s. I didnt think about pod TYPE, im going to have to try the 127.5 before i put the 130s in. I have those cheapy EMGOs in there right now.

Comment

Hey Josh.. You ever get your 750 dialed in? What did ya end up with if ya mind me askin?

You were right about my specs on fuel screws. I think I had a problem with the carbs I was workin with when I used that setting. I ended up with about 1.5 turns out on fuel screws and 2 turns out on air screws. Needles 5th clip and 130 main jets. I cant really tell between the 127.5's and 130s but I did notice that with the 130s she will pull hard past the redline.. the 127.5s it kinda signed off at redline. My 750 is damn wicked for an ol 79. It will HAUL a$$ and runs really sweet and smooth. Its really so damn fun to ride and I am so gonna get in trouble with it!

Comment

Working...
                    X