GS1100 Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 Owners?

Any 1100 owners out there who would care to tell me how the fuse box/s-solonoid etc is mounted on this model? A photo would be great.Even better the mounting plate(?) dimensions. Looks like I will have to make one up as these models are pretty scarce over here ( England )

I have the battery box in place, with the rec/reg mounted underneath it, with the ( very large ) CDI box mounted to the 2 threaded holes on the l/side. Also I have mounted the Turn control and relay on the 2 tabs on the r/h side of the battery box. Thats it though. Whats missing???

Thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-26-2008, 02:12 PM.

What year and model 1100?

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
      What year and model 1100?
      Hi Chiphead. Its a 82 GS1100G. Thats what you have...

Comment

I'll see if I can snag a pic of the LH side of my battery box tonight.

Comment

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks Chiphead, have made one very similar ( plastic/ no conector holders ). Not to clear on the photos , but is the CDI box mounted behind it? Have noticed to that my bike came with a 6 pin reg/rec?? Says 4 in the w/diagram.. and still has the snap connector for it to. Although looks like someone has spliced in wires for the 6 also!! Prob stick with the 6. Thanks Chop

Comment

Originally posted by chopz54 View Post
              Thanks Chiphead, have made one very similar ( plastic/ no conector holders ). Not to clear on the photos , but is the CDI box mounted behind it? Have noticed to that my bike came with a 6 pin reg/rec?? Says 4 in the w/diagram.. and still has the snap connector for it to. Although looks like someone has spliced in wires for the 6 also!! Prob stick with the 6. Thanks Chop
              Yes, the CDI box is mounted directly behind the plate assembly shown in the above pics.

Comment

Thanks Chiphead. Is that an earth running to the solonoid mounting?

also ( looking at your other photo....h-bars ) Is that a stock airbox? or a cover for " pods " ? what size main jets do you use? I have 135s in mine:shock: bit on the high side!!! But going to put pods on and wondered if they would get me by, for the time being? Perhaps they are about right for pods ( it came with the remains of some foam ones ) Think the standard one are about 115s? Would 135s do any harm do you think? ( have asked on here but did not get any replys. Cheers anyway. like the bike.

Chop.

Comment

Working...
                X