Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust

Hey all,
    1981 gs850gl. I had to replace my exhaust because it was just all rusted through and not salvagable. I bought the V&h 4 into one. Everything on my bike is stock except for the V&H. It's a nice muffler but I'm not really into the crotch rocket sound and I know you have to rejet it. On the highway the thing just wines and I'm really not happy with it. What exhaust can I get without having to rejet and has a nice deep rumble to it. If any are available.

Thanks for any info!

Originally posted by mopar19 View Post
    What exhaust can I get without having to rejet and has a nice deep rumble to it. If any are available.

Thanks for any info!
    Any aftermarket exhaust you purchase there will be some tuning and most likely have to go up a main jet size or so. Along with adjusting the pilot jet mixture screws to get it right.

Sounds to me like you need to find the stock exhaust for your bike. Used or whatever.

Comment

Super Trapp make an adjustible combo that you can baffle to your taste. It too, will have a higher pitch than the stockers.

Comment

What about the MAC 4 into 2, the turn out ones? Does anyone have any experience with those?

Comment

Working...
        X