Carb compatablity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb compatablity

Does anyone know if a carb rebuild kit for an 80-83 GS750 will fit an 80-83 GS1100E ? Don't they use the same carbs?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

C'mon, someone must know....
    Currently bikeless
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Jethro, I think you could use the gaskets and o-rings but I think they have different size jets and stuff. I'm not real sure on this but they are listed as different part #'s at suppliers. If your rebuilding the CV type carbs there is a guy that sells just the o-rings for all four of the carbs for like $12 and you can buy just the bowl gaskets if you need them. It is a whole lot less money then buying 4 rebuild kits if the jets and slides are OK in your's. You can check out his web page at http://home.att.net/~robert.barr/
      . Hope this helps you out, I've used the o-rings in mine and they seem to work fine.

Comment

Thanks, I need all the jets and everything. EBay has a set of 4 carb rebuild kits for $65. A good deal for those 750 owners! I will be shelling out the $100 to get them from Dennis Kirk. Oh well.
        Currently bikeless

Comment

Jethro you could save a little by going to this place http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/ they are a little bit less then DK

Comment

Working...
          X