Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'79 GS850G Carbs

Hey all,
    I have searched the world over and I cannot find parts to rebuild these carbs. VM26 I belive they are. Any sources? Like to keep it, new Bandit costs too much!

Try this place https://www.partsnmoreonline.com/PNM...-%20Suzuki.htm

Comment

You can quite often find them on ebay, There are two aftermarket types
      Keister?- basic kit, gaskets and float needle assembly K & L usually is complete kit with jets. Do a search on ebay for carb kits

Comment

Re: '79 GS850G Carbs

I got my carb rebuild kits from cycle recycle. Their online catalog is

I just checked and they dont list a 79 GS850. However, my 79 GS750 has 26mm VM carbs and they do list complete kits for it. My understanding is that the 750E puts out slightly more HP than did the 850G model, so I would bet the jet sizes in the 750 kits would do just fine. They may in fact be exactly the same. The kits are complete with jets, springs, "O" rings, gaskets, screws, etc.

Earl

Originally posted by patronics
        Hey all,
        I have searched the world over and I cannot find parts to rebuild these carbs. VM26 I belive they are. Any sources? Like to keep it, new Bandit costs too much!
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

79 GS850 carbs

This is a related question. Are the carbs on the 78-79 GS1000 the same as on the 79 GS850
          A guy on eBay has 4 of the K&L kits for the GS1000.

Scott

Comment

Gaskets and fuel needle assembly are the same. I believe the jets are different

Comment

Email this guy and tell him what you want. He advertises himself as "The Carburetor Capital of the World". I bought from them and they are very nice and fast delivery. Also, the cheapest that I've found.

siriusconinc@sprint.ca

Sirius Consolidated Inc.
              49 Hillbrook Cres
              Kitchener, Ontario
              N2N 1J4
              Canada

519 585-0534
              Fax 744-3929

Terry

Comment

Working...
              X